Lucid Adrienne Stoltz Ron Bass 9781595145192 Books

Lucid Adrienne Stoltz Ron Bass 9781595145192 Books
I first found out about Lucid from another blog during WoW I believe, and promptly pre-ordered it. Something about the plot completely drew me in and fascinated me immediately. Sloane and Maggie are completely different girls with completely different lives. Sloane is an actress while Maggie is your average High School Student. One has a flighty Mom and a little sister she's practically raising, while the other has a Mom, Dad, little brother - and has lost her best friend recently. Even in appearance, Maggie and Sloane look completely different, and the only similarity between them is that when one of them goes to sleep, they wake up as the other girl. Maggie does not consider herself to be Sloane, or vice versa.Throughout Lucid, I fell in love with both the girls. Since throughout 97% of the book, their worlds never interact, it's almost easy to forget that there could even be something wrong here, because both girls feel whole and real, and you become invested in their lives. Both girls slowly begin to fall in love, albeit in completely different ways with completely different people. It is only with Sloane that you even remember that something is off, as Sloane is seeing a psychiatrist for what is going on, and mentions in passing having tried to look up Maggie before to no avail in Sloane's world, Maggie does not exist. Similarly, in Maggie's world, Sloane does not.
Once the 90% point is reached, everything goes to hell. After having spent the entire novel trying to figure out which girl is real, I can only guess that everything fell apart. All the things I thought I'd understood were suddenly upturned, and for someone who got Inception and the Matrix relatively well, even after re-reading the ending twice, I'm only almost positive I understand what happened. If you want to read a really good book, but are ready to be completely confused at the ending, I recommend Lucid. It nothing else, it provides a good discussion point.

Tags : Lucid [Adrienne Stoltz, Ron Bass] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever? Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different--except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night,Adrienne Stoltz, Ron Bass,Lucid,Razorbill,1595145192,General,Social Themes - Emotions & Feelings,Social Themes - General (see also headings under Family),Dreams;Fiction.,Friendship;Fiction.,Love;Fiction.,Children's Books - Young Adult Fiction,Children: Young Adult (Gr. 7-9),Dreams,Fantasy & Magic,Fiction,Friendship,JUVENILE,Juvenile Fiction,Juvenile Fiction Bedtime & Dreams,Juvenile Fiction Social Themes Adolescence,Juvenile Fiction Social Themes Emotions & Feelings,Juvenile Grades 7-9 Ages 12-14,Love,Social Issues - General,TEEN'S FICTION - COMING OF AGE,YOUNG ADULT FICTION,YOUNG ADULT FICTION General,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Social Themes Emotions & Feelings,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Social Themes General (see also headings under Family)
Lucid Adrienne Stoltz Ron Bass 9781595145192 Books Reviews
I got it in good condition with the book jacket! )
Very well written, you think you know what's going on and then you don't have a clue. I had to keep reading just to see what is really going on.
My daughter read this and found it confusing. She liked the premise very much and still, a month or so later, talks about it, but she found it hard to keep straight who was narrating.
This was a good book about two teenage girls who dream they're each other. I think it compares well in the genre, and you might like it too. It might seem a little confusing, but you might like it.
Daughter 14 loved this book, couldn't put it down!
As a 30-year-old man, I purchased this book soley for the concept (and title) for Lucid dreaming. This is definitely a teenager book, so if you aren't interested in a high school girl book, this IS NOT for you. It's well written, and gives two interesting points of view. I can say that it did pull a little emotion out of me, and really started to gain my interest toward the end. I'd be hesitant to let my own daughter read it - if she were in high school, because the themes are a little too much for high school.
Bought this book from great buy books & it was completely dirty and nasty. Could have had the decency to wipe it down before sending out your books. Other than that, book came as expected and in good shape. 👌
I first found out about Lucid from another blog during WoW I believe, and promptly pre-ordered it. Something about the plot completely drew me in and fascinated me immediately. Sloane and Maggie are completely different girls with completely different lives. Sloane is an actress while Maggie is your average High School Student. One has a flighty Mom and a little sister she's practically raising, while the other has a Mom, Dad, little brother - and has lost her best friend recently. Even in appearance, Maggie and Sloane look completely different, and the only similarity between them is that when one of them goes to sleep, they wake up as the other girl. Maggie does not consider herself to be Sloane, or vice versa.
Throughout Lucid, I fell in love with both the girls. Since throughout 97% of the book, their worlds never interact, it's almost easy to forget that there could even be something wrong here, because both girls feel whole and real, and you become invested in their lives. Both girls slowly begin to fall in love, albeit in completely different ways with completely different people. It is only with Sloane that you even remember that something is off, as Sloane is seeing a psychiatrist for what is going on, and mentions in passing having tried to look up Maggie before to no avail in Sloane's world, Maggie does not exist. Similarly, in Maggie's world, Sloane does not.
Once the 90% point is reached, everything goes to hell. After having spent the entire novel trying to figure out which girl is real, I can only guess that everything fell apart. All the things I thought I'd understood were suddenly upturned, and for someone who got Inception and the Matrix relatively well, even after re-reading the ending twice, I'm only almost positive I understand what happened. If you want to read a really good book, but are ready to be completely confused at the ending, I recommend Lucid. It nothing else, it provides a good discussion point.

0 Response to "≡ Read Lucid Adrienne Stoltz Ron Bass 9781595145192 Books"
Post a Comment